Sep 27, 2017

This is old.

This is so old I can’t even remember when I wrote it!
The big test.

I stepped into a comic book store yesterday, something akin to a recovered alcoholic spending time in a bar.

I resisted the temptation to part with any money.

I went because I was looking for a specific hardcover that seems to be out of print although it was released just a few short months ago. I’m talking about the Marvel Masterworks edition of Captain Marvel, Volume 3. It’s like an alcoholic looking for a favorite drink or a certain bartender and not finding either leaves the bar in disgust.

However, the place was packed! I mean just packed with people.

The store was Midtown comics, their westside location, a store I have seldom frequented. It was late on a Friday afternoon and I happened to be in the area and thought I might see if they had...
The comic store I once frequented in the city closed and the one I frequented in Westchester closed as well. I just don’t have the money to waste on comics anymore especially not when there’s a library.

If anything one of my goals now is to GET RID OF MY COMICS!

I’d burn them if they weren’t worth money but I want to sell the damn things and be done with them for once and for all.

Don’t get me wrong, I still read comics and every once in awhile I’m surprised and pleased with someone’s work but I can’t say I’m in love with a lot of the editorial content in comics these days. I don’t like ‘event’ comics and that’s taken over the big two so I just pass.

Don’t even get me started on some of the storylines they’ve come up with.

I guess that time has passed.

No comments: